I'm very excited to share that we filled in a very strong "heart" on the "heart-chart" tonight, it's a big one that equals more than the next four hearts on the chart, so I'm going to count it as such in my tally to get to 50 hearts! This means we're at 24 of the 50, almost half way! We can do this!
Tonight I want to share a little about my "smile project" designed to give the very poor of the slums some "smiles" they can hold on to. It underscores yet another aspect of their struggle in dealing with extreme poverty. They could never afford these prints and frames, these keepsakes that you and I cherish and have all over our homes. One print and frame, even of the lowest quality, is equal to about 5 days' wages.
The theme here is giving that which costs you next to nothing, to create something infinitely valuable. Believing that our small acts of kindness and generosity create ripple effects we will never see the full impact of. I would be willing to wager that our small actions create exponential results far, far greater than the size of the initial action.
This is the whole point of the "Monthly Donor Heart-Chart" and the "Heart of Gold" concept you can read about here. Your small, consistent generosity can change the world. Join in!
Charitable goal explanation. For those of you just tuning in, I'll recap what I'm trying to achieve with the "Monthly Donor Heart-Chart" and my goal of finding 50 new sponsors for these "hearts" which I like to think of as representing lives being transformed and, ultimately, saved.
Why am I seeking monthly donors? The orphan care, child labor response, and human trafficking response programs we've pioneered at Peace Gospel and She Has Hope— while sustained in part by small business enterprise— need charitable support to be fully sustained. The budgets of these programs have fixed, monthly expenses. Thus, while one-time donations are deeply appreciated, it's the monthly donations that give us something to count on and plan with. Therefore, long-term, they're the most powerful.
If you're willing to make a small monthly sacrifice of any amount to help ensure that the following merciful actions are fully funded each month, I would be grateful for your partnership with me in this effort. With your help, our monthly budget enables us to…
- Provide resident care for 290 orphans in 11 homes in Asia and Africa
- Operate 4 schools and 4 after-school care programs reaching over 1000 children
- Serve approx. 50,000 fresh meals to children in our programs
- Train 100s of girls how to avoid the dangers of human trafficking
- House, rehabilitate and empower 20 girls recovering from human trafficking
On to what I was able to create with just $1 worth of food today. I had an afternoon meeting I had to run to, so much lunch had to be a quick snack. But that afforded me extra rations for a very satisfying feast of a dinner!
Click or tap on image to enlarge...
2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to the work of Peace Gospel's programs helping orphans, at-risk children of the slums, and human trafficking survivors.
3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.
4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!