Please consider helping me reach my charitable goal, with only 2 days left to go! I'm trying to fill 50 new "monthly hearts" on the "heart chart" by the end of the month. So far I'm at 31 hearts, with only 19 to go. And we are within just $8/mo of filling the $55/mo heart! So close! In my last several blog posts, I've worked hard to explain how even a small recurring donation can make a very significant impact in the life of a child struggling with the effects of extreme poverty.
I feel strongly that the world is as broken as it is because of a lack of belief in what a small donation—or, for that matter, a smile, a single volunteer hour, a simple encouraging word— can do. I can only imagine how many billions of dollars are withheld each year because of this unfortunate feeling that a small contribution just won't really make a difference, so we don't bother. I have dedicated my life to making sure that people are aware of this sad reality, to motivate you to overcome that feeling, and actually stand up and do something, no matter how "small" it may seem to you. It is far, far better—exponentially better— than doing nothing.
I'll share with you a picture of that reality. This is just one of the nearly 500,000 fresh-cooked meals we served last year. Cost? Maybe 25 cents. Now after seeing this, no one can tell you that a small donation won't make a difference. The donation that enabled this act of compassion certainly made a difference for her and her mom that day. (Photo: Cebu, Philippines 'Children's Hope Center' outreach).
I look forward to picking back up on the blog tomorrow night and for the final night's recap. Thank you so much for sticking with me, and for all of your support. The blog traffic has been especially encouraging. It keeps on growing! As awareness is one of the major goals of my challenge, I'm happy to see traffic upwards of 200 visitors a day lately. Here's where we remain on the heart-chart for tonight, although I'm happy to report that three very generous new donors used the "heart of gold" to register smaller monthly gifts! It all adds up! We can do this!
Charitable goal explanation. For those of you just tuning in, I'll recap what I'm trying to achieve with the "Monthly Donor Heart-Chart" and my goal of finding 50 new sponsors for these "hearts" which I like to think of as representing lives being transformed and, ultimately, saved.
Why am I seeking monthly donors? The orphan care, child labor response, and human trafficking response programs we've pioneered at Peace Gospel and She Has Hope— while sustained in part by small business enterprise— need charitable support to be fully sustained. The budgets of these programs have fixed, monthly expenses. Thus, while one-time donations are deeply appreciated, it's the monthly donations that give us something to count on and plan with. Therefore, long-term, they're the most powerful.
If you're willing to make a small monthly sacrifice of any amount to help ensure that the following merciful actions are fully funded each month, I would be grateful for your partnership with me in this effort. With your help, our monthly budget enables us to…
- Provide resident care for 290 orphans in 11 homes in Asia and Africa
- Operate 4 schools and 4 after-school care programs reaching over 1000 children
- Serve approx. 50,000 fresh meals to children in our programs
- Train 100s of girls how to avoid the dangers of human trafficking
- House, rehabilitate and empower 20 girls recovering from human trafficking
On to what I was able to create with just $1 worth of food today. I was on the run, so it was just two tacos shared between breakfast and lunch, and then raisins as a snack on the road, and soup for dinner. Making it work!
Click or tap on image to enlarge...
2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to the work of Peace Gospel's programs helping orphans, at-risk children of the slums, and human trafficking survivors.
3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.
4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!