New to the blog? Scroll down to "Charitable goal explanation" to get caught up on the "heart-chart" and its purpose.
I believe there are some of you among my 150 daily readers of this blog who could actually sponsor more than one of the lower-dollar-amount hearts. Please consider the exponential impact your recurring monthly donation will have in our programs if you choose to sponsor a heart (or hearts) on the heart-chart!
It is a monthly commitment BUT just think of the impact you will have in keeping orphans and young trafficking survivors out of harms way, safe, well-fed and empowered for a brighter future-- a future outside the cycle of extreme poverty.
Their needs are not one-time needs, their needs are monthly and ongoing, and that's why the focus of my charitable goal for this challenge is to find more monthly donors.
These benefiting from our programs thank you for considering to underwrite a portion of their program budget needs not already met by our small business enterprise efforts in the field...
A few shots from my frequent visits to review their programs...
Charitable goal explanation. For those of you just tuning in, I'll recap what I'm trying to achieve with the "Monthly Donor Heart-Chart" and my goal of finding 50 new sponsors for these "hearts" which I like to think of as representing lives being transformed and, ultimately, saved.
Why am I seeking monthly donors? The orphan care, child labor response, and human trafficking response programs we've pioneered at Peace Gospel and She Has Hope— while sustained in part by small business enterprise— need charitable support to be fully sustained. The budgets of these programs have fixed, monthly expenses. Thus, while one-time donations are deeply appreciated, it's the monthly donations that give us something to count on and plan with. Therefore, long-term, they're the most powerful.
If you're willing to make a small monthly sacrifice of any amount to help ensure that the following merciful actions are fully funded each month, I would be grateful for your partnership with me in this effort. With your help, our monthly budget enables us to…
- Provide resident care for 290 orphans in 11 homes in Asia and Africa
- Operate 4 schools and 4 after-school care programs reaching over 1000 children
- Serve approx. 50,000 fresh meals to children in our programs
- Train 100s of girls how to avoid the dangers of human trafficking
- House, rehabilitate and empower 20 girls recovering from human trafficking
On to what I was able to create with just $1 worth of food today. The breakfast taco concept is so brilliant, my hats off to whoever had the idea first. I put a little twist on it by making the egg a little omelette that lays flat on the tortilla, then adding my refried beans-n-rice before placing the boiled potato cubes on top with seasoning. I have a bit of potato rations saved up so I've been able to use them rather "liberally" the past few days, all things considered. Today I mashed some boiled potatoes to create a more true "patato soup" consistency in my soup. Anything for the perception of variety on your pallette.
Click or tap on image to enlarge...
2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to the work of Peace Gospel's programs helping orphans, at-risk children of the slums, and human trafficking survivors.
3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.
4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!