For many, the challenge goes way beyond that, however. What I don't have to face in this challenge: Where am I going to get my cooking fuel, whether it be gas, wood, or (rarely) electric? Where am I going to get water to boil my rice and beans? How do I protect my woodburning open stove in the event of rain? And, of course, most importantly, as most living in these conditions work for day wages: will I have enough money to feed my family tomorrow?
I'm dedicating day 3 to these in the slums who have to face these questions daily. My challenge is nothing compared to theirs. I'm determined to finish my challenge strong out of respect for their daily struggle.
About my goal. No progress on the "Heart-Chart" today, but that's ok, we still have 27 days to go! Help me fill these hearts with the love that these children we serve so deserve.
Why am I seeking monthly donors? The orphan care, child labor response, and human trafficking response programs we've pioneered at Peace Gospel and She Has Hope— while sustained in part by small business enterprise— need charitable support to be fully sustained. The budgets of these programs have fixed, monthly expenses. Thus, while one-time donations are deeply appreciated, it's the monthly donations that give us something to count on and plan with. Thus, long-term, they're the most powerful.
What I need next to stay on track for my goal. I am seeking two people to sponsor the $22 and $23 hearts on our "Wall of Hearts"— this means you're willing to make a small monthly sacrifice to help ensure that the following merciful actions are fully funded each month. With your help, our monthly budget enables us to…
- Provide resident care for 290 orphans in 11 homes in Asia and Africa
- Operate 4 schools and 4 after-school care programs reaching over 1000 children
- Serve approx. 50,000 fresh meals to children in our programs
- Train 100s of girls how to avoid the dangers of human trafficking
- House, rehabilitate and empower 20 girls recovering from human trafficking
2) Please visit my unofficial sponsor, Amazon.com through this link. 7% of your purchases made through the link are given to the work of Peace Gospel's programs helping orphans, at-risk children of the slums, and human trafficking survivors.
3) If you're compelled by my effort here, please share it with friends. One of the main goals is awareness. So if you can help with that, huge.
4) Leave me feedback. Please comment on this post, especially if you have any ideas about what I should try to cook with these ingredients I have available. I love hearing from you! It really helps!